The laboratory makes available advanced technologies to collect traffic data and internationally recognized traffic and transportation software.
1) GPS sensors (NavCom 2030M Full in View);
2) radar detectors (Easydata STS);
3) Vehicle Magnetic Imaging Technology traffic analyser (NC-97 Hi-Star, Nu-metrics);
1) EMME 4.2 travel demand modelling system for urban, regional and national transportation forecasting, based on macroscopic simulation;
2) Transcad 5 full, Geographic Information System (GIS) designed to store, display, manage, and analyze transportation data;
3) Dynameq 3.0 mesoscopic traffic simulation and dynamic traffic assignment (DTA);
4) Dynasmart P 1.0.0. Dynamic Network Assignment-Simulation Model for Advanced Roadway Telematics (Planning version);
5) Vissim 5.3 microscopic traffic simulator;
6) Synchro 6 signal timing optimization software;
7) HCS2010 software implementing the new Highway Capacity Manual (HCM 2010) procedures;
8) ArcGis software for Spatial Analysis and Data management;
9) Calibration of travel behavioral models based on random utility theory is usually conducted using open source freeware software (BIOGEME).